AWS Amplify: Brief Introduction
What is AWS Amplify? As the name suggests, AWS Amplify is a combination of tools and features that are used to speed up the process of developing full-stack applications for both web and mobile applications. It helps developers to easily build, ship, scale, and manage these apps. You can also modify these applications seamlessly as their development progresses.
AWS Amplify supports iOS, Android, Flutter, ReactNative, and JS. It integrates with frameworks like Vue, React, and Next.js.
AWS Amplify: Benefits
When it comes to listing the benefits of AWS, one can go on and on, but I have talked about a few of them here.
- The prime benefit of AWS Amplify is that it makes the process of app development fast and easy with its plethora of tools and services.
- It takes away the burden of managing infrastructure and hosting.
- The best part is that it doesn’t overwhelm you with the cost of its services, i.e., you can pay only for those services that you use.
- It follows an advanced approach for UI driven apps.
- It enhances the performance of your app with the help of its in-built backend management feature.
- You can easily create native apps at a lower budget.
Apart from these, AWS Amplify helps you with:
- Easy configuration for both mobile and web applications’ back-end.
- Connecting with your app in minutes
- Building a front-end web UI visually.
- Managing app content external to AWS console.
AWS Amplify: Tools
- Amplify Studio: An extraordinary visual tool, AWS Studio allows you to do so much. With this AWS Amplify tool you can easily build as well as ship entire mobile and web apps in the matter of just a few hours. The best part is that you need not to be a cloud expert to do so. With a few clicks you can build your app’s backend. Next, you need to create an attractive and rich UI. For this you need not create the UI components from scratch, rather you can use the popular UI components available in AWS Studio. Finally, you can integrate your UI and backend with another series of clicks and your app is ready to ship.
Helpful for Designers; AWS Studio is not just a great tool for developers but is also a helpful one for designers. It has built in Figma that helps you customize the image as per your need.
- Push Notification
- Data Store
- User File Storage
- Serverless APIs
- Analytics and so much more
- Amplify Android: The Amplify libraries aid in building hi-tech android apps using Amplify CLI tool chain. Once you have all the prerequisites installed i.e., Node.js, npm, git, and so on, you can:
- Sign up for AWS account
- Install and configure Amplify CLI
- Create an android application
With the latest developer preview of Amplify Android Library, developers can add cloud-based storage, database, and APIs to the apps using Kotlin.
- Amplify iOS: Just like Amplify Android, the Amplify iOS Library helps developers to add a number of cloud-based services to their apps using Swift. They can also debug and fix the underlying issues in the open-source codebase.
- Amplify Flutter: With Amplify Flutter you can build an easy-to-use interface that operates across different cloud services. You can also plug-in your custom service to AWS Amplify.
Read about adding push notifications in a Flutter app here.
3. Amplify CLI: AWS Amplify CLI (Command Line Interface) is a kind of toolchain that helps you to configure and maintain your app locally, i.e., on your desktop. You can seamlessly configure cloud functionalities with the help of the use cases available. Not only this, you can also test a feature at your local and then deploy the required environments. Let’s have a look at what you can do with Amplify CLI.
- Easy data modeling and access with Graph QL
With Amplify CLI’s GraphQL you can easily create a new API supported by a database. All you need to do is create GraphQL schema and Amplify CLI will process it into a full-fledged GraphQL API.
- Support for Multiple Environment: With Amplify CLI, you have the liberty of having support for multiple environments, say Prod, Dev, QA, etc. Once you create a project in Amplify CLI, the backend environment that gets created contains all the categories that you have added to the project. You can view and modify them as per your need.
- Easy Customization and Deployment: With the extensibility feature of Amplify CLI, you can now easily ship a full-stack mobile as well as web apps. Also, you can customize the backend and deployment capabilities. With this exciting feature, you can:
- Modify backend resources
- Add custom resources
- Import AWS resources
- Execute custom scripts
- Export Amplify project
4. Amplify Hosting: With AWS Amplify Hosting you can do the following:
- Host front-end application
- Create as well as delete environments at the backend
- Setting up CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) for both front-end and back-end.
- And finally, it lets you access AWS Studio in order to configure your backend as well as manage users and app content.
AWS has a lot to offer apart from AWS Amplify. With AWS Cognito, you can add things like user sign-up, user sign-in as well as authentication in the most seamless manner. We will be discussing AWS Cognito in detail in our upcoming blogs.
AWS Amplify: Uses at Fibonalabs
At Fibonalabs, we provide cloud services, UX/UI Design services as well as product development services. We also use AWS Amplify Libraries to develop our mobile and web apps. Some of the AWS services that we use are listed below.
- For object storage we use AWS S3- Simple Storage Service.
- For scalable computing capacity for our app, we use AWS EC2- Elastic Compute Cloud.
- To easily and reliably deploy our applications we use ECR- Elastic Container Registry.
- For data migration, recovery, and back up we use RDS-Relational Database Service.
- For server less applications we use AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway.
You can visit our website www.fibonalabs.com and avail yourself of the best front-end development services. We also provide excellent UI/UX Design services as well as cloud services. Our team would be delighted to serve with its excellent services.